Fortnum & Mason Food & Drink Awards
The Fortnum & Mason Food & Drink Awards, sponsored by Piccadilly's world famous department store, began in 2014 to recognise excellence in writing, publishing and broadcasting on the subjects of food and drink.
Awards are made in thirteen categories: Food Book, Drink Book, Cookery Book, Food Writer, Drink Writer, Online Food Writer, Online Drink Writer, Cookery Writer, Restaurant Writer, Online Restaurant Writer, Radio Programme, TV Programme and TV Personality of the Year. All but the last of these awards are judged by an expert panel, chaired by Fortnum & Mason's CEO, Ewan Venters. (The TV Personality category is decided by a public vote.)
2015's judges are:
- Russell Norman – Restaurateur
- Monica Galetti – Chef, TV presenter and judge on MasterChef: The Professionals
- Tim Atkin MW – Wine writer and winner of the 2014 Online Drink Writer of the Year
- Bee Wilson – Food writer, historian and columnist for The Sunday Telegraph’s Stella magazine
- Lucas Hollweg – Columnist for The Sunday Times Style and author
- Nina Caplan – Drink, food, arts and travel journalist, drink columnist for the New Statesman and winner of the 2014 Drink Writer of the Year
The 2015 winners were announced in 21st May, at a ceremony held at Fortnum & Mason presented by Claudia Winkleman.
2014 The Modern Peasant: Adventures in City Food by Jojo Tulloh
2014 World's Best Cider by Pete Brown & Bill Bradshaw