In this full day of demonstrations, talks and workshops, ticket holders will have the chance to meet and work alongside some of the illustration world's most inspirational and well-known names. Hear artist and designer David Gentleman discussing his distinguished career; make a collage with children's illustrator Mark Hearld; find out celebrated comic journalist Paul Gravett's take on 'The Pleasures of Reading Comics', plus much more. You'll leave the day with your own comic strip, mini collage and more.
- 10.30am: Narrative life drawing with up-and-coming graphic novelist Karrie Fransman (below left)
- 11.30am: Renowned illustrator David Gentleman discusses his new book London, You're Beautiful and talks about his long and varied career
- 12.30pm: Create your own mini collage masterpiece with celebrated collage artist Mark Hearld
- 1.30pm: Lunch
- 2.15pm: Create your own mini collage masterpiece with celebrated collage artist Mark Hearld
- 3.15pm: Journalist, broadcaster and pivotal figure from the British indie comic scene Paul Gravett talks about 'The Pleasures of Reading Comics'
- 4.15pm: Simone Lia (below right), author of comics such as Golden Lions, hosts a 'make a comic in an hour class'
Venue: The Gallery at Foyles, Third Floor, Charing Cross Road
Time: 16th June 2012 (10am - 5.30pm)
Tickets: £8, concessions £6. Reserve your place for the whole day by adding the required number of tickets to your basket below. Please note that no physical tickets will be issued: the email confirmation you receive is proof of your booking. Ticket holders will receive a complementary coffee and croissant from the Café at Foyles.
(Please note that your chargeable full-day ticket includes the talks and the workshops, including relevant materials, and space for these is limited. Additional seats are available for the talks by David Gentleman and Paul Gravett. If you wish to attend only these there is no charge, but please email email@example.com and specify which talk(s) you would like to see.)
Part of the Foyles Sketching the City season. See the full programme here.