Win a meal for two at Barrafina
Since its opening four years ago, Barrafina, the tapas restaurant on Frith Street in the heart of Soho, has introduced thousands of diners to the very best Spanish cuisine available in the capital.
Now owners Sam and Eddie Hart and their Basque-born head chef, Nieves Barragan Mohacho, have produced Barrafina: A Spanish Cookbook, a glorious collection of their finest recipes, revealing the secrets to favourites such as salt cod fritters, roast cumin-rubbed pork with quince sauce, arrocina beans with chorizo, the perfect tortilla and the classic dessert, Crema Catalana.
Courtesy of Barrafina and Penguin, the book's publisher, Foyles is delighted to be able to offer as a prize lunch or dinner for two at Barrafina, to the value of £100. All you have to do is answer the question below before the closing date of 19 August for your chance to win a lip-smacking night out.
Please note that it's first-come, first-served, at Barrafina, with no reservations possible, so the winners won't be able to book their meal for a specific time. But they will find a plentiful supply of sherry and delicious nibbles to keep them occupied and satisfied if there's a bit of a wait for for seats!
To find out more about Barrafina, visit their website by clicking here.
What does the Spanish word 'tapas' mean?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prize winners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winner.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. The winners will be announced on http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-winners. There is one prize of a meal for two at Barrafina, 54 Frith Street, London, W1D 4SL, to a maximum vaue of £100. Should the value of the meal ordered come to more than £100, the balance shall be payable by the prizewinners.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer an alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winners will be notified by email. If the selected entrant does not meet all of the contract conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prizes.