Win a pair of Boff Whalley's favourite Walsh running shoes
You may know Boff Whalley as the lead guitarist of anarcho-punk band Chumbawumba. But he's also a committed fell runner, a passion he shares in his new book, Run Wild.
Sharing fell running's moments of exhilaration and mental snapshots of natural beauty, Run Wild is a celebration of that simplest of relationships - the one between our feet and the earth - and a must-read for anyone who's ever experienced that sense of freedom and achievement standing on a freshly conquered peak.
Boff's referred brand of running shoe is the Prize PB Elite Trainer, made by Walsh, who have been manufacturing running shoes in Bolton for over half a century.
Courtesy of Boff's publisher, Simon & Schuster, and Norman Walsh Footwear, we have five pairs to give away (available in UK adult sizes 5-13, including half-sizes). For your chance to win, simply answer the question below.
CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT, FRIDAY 27TH JULY
The Prize PB Elite Trainer is a superb fell running, orienteering and cross country training or racing shoe with its new cuneiform wrap and lacing system that gives equal pull along the facing and sides of the foot to the sole unit aiding stability. They are constructed on the original PB last, using modern ultra-lightweight fast-drying water-resistant material and the Walsh registered pyramid grip outsole has a reputation worldwide for unbeatable grip on mud and wet rock. Weight: 268g.
Find out more about Norman Walsh Footwear on their official website.
What instrument does Boff Whalley play in Chumbawumba?l
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prizewinners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinners will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prizes will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. The winners will be announced on http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-winners. There are five prizes each of a pair of walsh Prize PB Elite Trainers, available in UK adult sizes 5-13, inc. halves).
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.