Win a pair of weekend passes to CrimeFest 2014 in Bristol
Running 15th-18th May in Bristol, CrimeFest 2014 features over a hundred crime writers with a programme featuring interviews, fifty panel discussions, a gala awards dinner, and one or two surprises. Whether you're a dedicated aficionado of the genre or read odd mystery on holiday, the festival offers a friendly and informal opportunity to meet countless writers and fellow fans.
Among the award-winning names on the bill this year are Mark Billingham, Nicci French, Belinda Bauer, Simon Kernick, Lars Kepler, Sophie Hannah, John Harvey and Simon Brett.
This year, Foyles is proud to be the onsite bookselling partner of CrimeFest and we're delighted to be able to offer one lucky winner a pair of Full Weekend CrimeFest passes, worth £300. For your chance to win, simply answer the question below. (A full refund will be issued should the winner already have
purchased Weekend tickets.)
In addition, we're able to offer a 15% discount on all Weekend Passes: just use the discount code foyles at the checkout on the official website.
CLOSING DATE: SUNDAY 13TH APRIL 2014
- For more information about CrimeFest2014 and to book tickets, visit the official website
CrimeFest 2014's featured translated crime author is Yrsa Sigurdardottir; which nationality is she?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prizewinners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinners will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prizes will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. For names and postcodes of winners, please contact Foyles. There is one prize of a pair of Weekend Passes to CrimeFest2014. Passes give access to all panels and interviews, Thursday's pub quiz, as well as two planned receptions. Accommodation, meals and travel are exlcuded. Tickets for the pub quiz meal, crime writing day, Pitch-an-Agent and the Gala Dinner can be purchased separately.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.