Win a year's supply of teapigs organic matcha green tea
Susanna Quinn's first novel, Glass Geishas, tells the story of Steph, who is lured to Japan by her old friends' tales of making a fortune as bar hostesses, doing nothing more than flirting with drunk businessmen.
But when she arrives in Toyko, she realises Julia is a shadow of her former self and Annabel has vanished. With no one seeming to care about the disappearance, Steph finds herself venturing into seedy, neon-lit Roppongi district, the heart of Japan's shadowy sex industry.
There she meets Mama San, a charismatic and powerful hostess club owner and her guide to the art of pleasing men But the longer Steph stays there, the less finding Annabel seems to matter. Eventually she realises she must discover what's happened to Annabel, or risk selling a part of herself she'll never get back.
To celebrate the release of Glass Geishas and courtesy of teapigs and Susanna Quinn's publisher, Hodder, you can win a year's supply of teapigs organic matcha green tea - the most traditional of Japanese teas. Matcha has been drunk by Buddhist monks and used in Japanese tea ceremonies for centuries.
teapigs matcha is a very special tea and is packed full of antioxidants and nutrients. Unlike regular green tea, to make matcha the leaves are grown under shade which produces lots of amino acids and nutrients. The leaves are then dried and very slowly ground between two granite stones to make a fine powder, so when you drink matcha you consume the whole tea leaf and every last bit of green tea goodness. It's the superhero of the tea world. Just one serving of teapigs organic matcha:
- has the nutritional value of 15 cups of regular green tea
- contains 70 times the antioxidants of orange juice
- provides a slow release of natural energy that lasts up to six hours
For your chance to win a year's supply of teapigs matcha tea (that's 12 x 30g packs which will last you 12 months) just answer the question below.
If you'd like to try it, stop by the Cafe at Foyles on Charing Cross Road, where a wide range of teapigs teas is available.
CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT: FRIDAY 29TH JUNE
All entrants who opt in to receive emails from teapigs will receive a discount code entitling them to 20% off purchases of matcha tea (one use only; excludes matcha kits and accessories) on www.teapigs.co.uk
From what material is a chashaku, the tea scoop used in a Japanese tea ceremony, traditonally made?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prizewinner will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinner will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prize will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced on http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-winners. There is one prize of 12 x 30g packets of Teapigs matcha tea.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prizewinner, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.