Win a New York holiday for two, including flights & 4 nights at the 4* Sheraton Tribeca
Discover the real taste of New York and unlock the secrets of the city's must-see food establishments in Marc Grossman's beautiful book New York Cult Recipes, published by Murdoch Books.
In his part cookbook, part travel guide, New York native Grossman introduces readers to the street food of Central park, the Greek diners and Jewish delis, the staples of old-school Chinatown, Katz's Deli and the trendy cafes of Brooklyn, showcasing the melting pot that is NYC.
Included are 130 recipes for creating authentic NYC classics such as bagels, cheesecake, cheeseburgers, pancakes, pork buns, cookies, smoothies, tuna melts, mac & cheese and more.
Brimming with gorgeous photography and incredible illustrations of the city that never sleeps, New York Cult Recipes is this is more than just a cookbook - it's a love song to NYC.
Courtesy of Murdoch Books, USA holiday specialists American Sky and NYC & Company, we have one amazing trip for two people on offer:
For your chance to win, simply answer the question below.
CLOSING DATE: 10PM, SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
Competition open to UK residents aged 18 and over only. Full terms and conditions below.
NYC is more exciting than ever, with five boroughs - the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island all waiting to be explored.
Discover all the history, culture and diversity that the City has to offer. Feel the energy of its streets. Visit world-renowned museums such as MoMA, art galleries and enjoy Broadway shows including the classic Mary Poppins, taste amazing cuisines and shop to your heart's content.
When travelling to NYC you must leave extra room in your suitcase. In the heart of Manhattan is The Shops at Columbus Circle - Time Warner Center, which is one of the best places to start. With more than 40 specialty retail shops as well as a restaurant and bar collection boasting Michelin-star chefs it is a great place to not only shop but also to recharge with mouth-watering food and refresh with a cocktail. For all there is to see and do in NYC visit nycgo.com
Book your perfect break with USA holiday specialists American Sky, who offer great deals to NYC, all being fully bonded for your protection. With a team of NYC travel advisors American Sky is committed to making your stay something special. With a wide range of hotels at every level American Sky offers a stay for every taste. To book a holiday, call American Sky on 0843 636 2086 or visit the website, and discover what makes NYC so special.
The chic 4-star Sheraton Tribeca boasts breath-taking views of the sprawling city lights. The contemporary rooms are comfortable and inviting and the on-site restaurant and lounge are ideal for classic American dining or unwinding with a cocktail in true New York style. The location is fantastic, ideally set on the stylish West Side, so you'll be in a prime spot for experiencing the upmarket boutiques, galleries and trendy restaurants found in Tribeca, SoHo and Little Italy.
Which ingredient gives New York clam chowder its traditional red appearance?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over, except employees and their immediate families of Foyles, American Sky, NYC & Company, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
4. The prizewinners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinners will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prizes will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. For names and postcodes of winners, please contact Foyles. There is one prize of New York City for four nights at the 4* Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis in a standard room for 2 adults (aged 18 or over), including scheduled economy flights and hotel transfers at destination, plus a $200 giftcard for TheShopsatColmbusCircle.com aand a VIP DINE4LESS Card. The prize must be taken between 5th January 2014 and 31 October 2014, excluding 23rd June to 22nd August 2014.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. American Sky reserves the right to use the names of winners and photographs (if taken) in any publicity.
16. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.