Win one of 20 framed Oliver Jeffers prints
Award-winning children's author and illustrator Oliver Jeffers is a huge favourite with the under-fives, and their parents too, with books Lost and Found, Up and Down, The Incredible Book-Eating Boy and The Great Paper Caper entertaining and enchanting with their fun stories and charming pictures. (Click here for a complete list of his books.)
This Christmas we're expecting Father Christmas to be delivering lots of copies of Oliver's new book, Stuck, for eager children to unwrap on Christmas Day.
As we've come to expect from Oliver, Stuck is laugh-out-loud funny and features a wonderful surprise ending.
When Floyd gets his kite stuck in a tree, he tries throwing all sorts of things up to try to knock it down, but ends up with branches filled with a shoe, a pot of paint, a bicycle and even a whale!
So we're thrilled to be able to offer our customers, courtesy of Oliver's publisher HarperCollins, a chance to win one of 20 framed Oliver Jeffers prints from Stuck. The print is of the image to the right: it's Floyd's tree full of everything he's tried to knock his kite down with!
For your chance to win, just answer the question below. CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY 30TH NOVEMBER.
And if you want to give the gift of reading this year, you can also buy Foyles Gift Cards, in any amount from £5 to £250, including two Children's Gift Cards, with one of the designs created by Oliver specially for Foyles (see left).
Click here for more details and to order oneline or ask instore. But don't leave it too late - we only have a limted number of this special design.
Hear Oliver Jeffers Read from Stuck:
Which of these books by Oliver Jeffers was made into a short animated film?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prize winners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. The winners will be announced on http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-winners. There are twenty prizes of a framed print of the illustration above, taken from Oliver Jeffers' Stuck, published by HarperCollins.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winners will be notified by email. If the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.