Win a trip to Rome for two with The American by Nadia Dalbuono
Rome may be the Eternal City, but as Detective Leone Scamarcio knows, its baroque beauty only masks the corruption within. When he's called to an apparent suicide a stone's throw from Vatican City, Scamarcio is immediately troubled by similarities with the 1982 murder of Roberto Calvi, dubbed 'God's Banker'. The resulting investigation uncovers a web of political intrigue that spans 9/11, the CIA, Vatican corruption and the Mafia, leaving Scamarcio racing to uncover the truth before it's too late.
This is the gripping story of The American, the second Leone Scamarcio thriller from Anglo-Italian crime writer Nadia Dalbuono. She's been compared to Donna Leon for her whip-smart, unputdownable thrillers, which the Sun calls "gripping", and bestselling crime author Lesley Thomson calls "disquieting, illuminating, and utterly absorbing."
Courtesy of Scribe, one lucky competition entrant will win flights and accommodation for two for a weekend in Rome*. Simply answer the question below for your chance to win.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm, Wednesday 10th February 2016
* Entrants must be 18 or over and based in the United Kingdom. Flights will be economy class via British Airways from Heathrow or Gatwick only. No other travel costs are included. Accommodation is for two nights in a three-star hotel. Trip must be taken before the end of 2016 and dates are subject to availability. For full terms and conditions, see below.
Which of these world-famous locations is not in Rome?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
4. The prizewinners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners. The prizewinners will need to respond within two weeks of being contacted by email; otherwise the prizes will be awarded to another correct entrant selected at random.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. For names and addresses of winners, please contact Foyles. There is one prize of flights and accomodation for two in a three-star hotel for two nights in Rome. Flights will be economy class via British Airways from Heathrow or Gatwick only. No other travel costs are included. The trip must be taken by the end of 2016 and is subject to availability.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop or Scribe Publications and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrantand will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.