Win tickets to the South Ken Kids Festival
From Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th November, the Institut français in London will be staging the 14th annual South Ken Kids Festival devoted to children's literature. Four whole days of fun with workshops, drawing duels, author talks, films, theatre... and lots more!
Impressive, original, and fun, the South Ken Kids Festival is every child's idea of a perfect weekend. The line-up alone is enough to draw you in (with names such as Quentin Blake, David McKee, Lauren Child, Marc Boutavant, Axel Scheffler, Sara Fanelli, and more), but this isn't your typical children's festival.
The workshops, limited to 20 children, are an intimate affair and quite a hands-on experience. The drawing duels are a particular favourite amongst children of all ages: this live drawing session (projected on the big screen of the cinema!), in which a British and a French illustrators make their drawings interact, encourages audience participation, making you wish you always had an illustrator handy to draw your every thought on command...
This wildly popular festival is a big hit with the parents and the kids, so you should hurry over to their website to buy a pass before tickets sell out!
The Institut français have kindly given Foyles three pairs of tickets to give away. Answer the question below for your chance to win.
CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
First Prize: four tickets to the Drawing Duel between Stephanie Blake and Viviane Schwarz on 27 November - Viviane Schwarz's cats will challenge Stephanie Blake's Simon the Rabbit. Who will lose more fur?
Second Prize: two tickets to the Drawing Duel between Olivier Tallec and Polly Dunbar on 27 November - the dynamic duo Rita and Whatsit will duel against Polly Dunbar's Tilly and friends. Prepare to rock and roll!
Third Prize: an signed copy of Joëlle Jolivet's 365 Penguins - find out if one penguin a day keeps the doctor away!
What is the name of Gruffulo creators Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler's accident-prone young dragon?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prize winners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. The winners will be announced on http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-winners. There are three prizes,as detailed above.
6. The promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prizes or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
7. The prize winners will be notified by email. If the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoters have organised these prize draws in good faith and do not accept liability relating to the prize.