Win tickets to see Will Gompertz's 'Modern Art in 3,600 Seconds' at the ICA
Part talk, part improv, part chat show, the BBC's Arts Editor Will Gompertz - with help from some friends - takes a one-hour tour through the story of modern art using his new book What Are You Looking At?: 150 Years of Modern Art in the Blink of an Eye as his guide.
Informal, anecdotal, entertaining but factastic, Modern Art in 3,600 Seconds promises to carry on the ICA's tradition of art lectures with a difference. At the very least you'll find out why Tracey Emin's unmade bed is a work of art but yours is not.
Foyles have teamed up with the ICA and Penguin Books to offer a pair of tickets to the show on Thursday 6th September 2012, plus a signed copy of What Are You Looking At?: 150 Years of Modern Art in the Blink of an Eye. For your chance to win, simply answer the question below.
CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT, TUESDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2012
We do recommend that you give us a telephone number so that we can contact the winner on the Wednesday before Your number will not be shared with anyone.
To to find out more about this event or to book tickets, visit the ICA website
Will Gompertz was a director of which great London arts institution for seven years?
* Indicates a required field
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date, as stated above. All entries shall become the property of Foyles Bookshop, and their directors, officers, representatives, and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
3. The competition is open to all. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 16.
4. The prizewinners will be decided by Foyles Bookshop. Foyles Bookshop will not enter into correspondence about the choice of winners.
5. The competition ends as specified on the competition page; no entry received after that time will be considered. The winners will be announced on http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-winners. The prize is two tickets to Will Gompertz's show at the ICA on Thursday 6th September, plus a signed copy of What Are You Looking At?.
6. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes for that of equal or greater value if necessary.
7. The prizewinners will be notified by email. If any of the selected entrants do not meet all of the contract conditions, other entrants will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
8. The competition is not open to employees of Foyles Bookshop and and their sponsors or their immediate families.
9. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prizes must be accepted as awarded.
10. The right is reserved to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time.
11. All entries become the property of Foyles Bookshop, who assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Foyles Bookshop on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Foyles Bookshop reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Foyles Bookshop corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Foyles Bookshop reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered within any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
13. Entries must be submitted by the named entrant (or their parent/guardian for children aged 16 or under) and will be invalid if found to come from a third party. Multiple entries from a single source (e.g 'competition entry' website/company) will be disqualified.
14. For name/county of prize winners, please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Foyles Bookshop, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, WC2H 0EB. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.