Foyles eBook Apps for smartphones and tablets
We love our eBook apps which many of our customers already use every day on their smartphones and tablets. Unlike most retailers we allow users to upload other content to our cloud storage via our website and then read all those eBooks on the go (or snuggled up in bed) and a smartphone or tablet.
Why use our Apps?
Getting started after download
Download from an App store
For Apple ios devices such as the iPhone & iPad
For Android phones and tablets including the Nook
App for Windows 8
App for Mac
Why use Our App?
- With the app you can download eBooks and documents from your Foyles 'My eBooks' library and read them on your mobile device.
- Your eBook is automatically synchronised between use of the App on your phone and computer, so you need never lose your place!
- Foyles-powered-by-txtr apps support the most common eBook formats: EPUB and PDF - including eBooks with Adobe DRM, the industry standard.
- Opening an account with Foyles on our App will create an account on our website.
- If you already have a Foyles website login you can use the same username and password on the App after you've downloaded it.
- If you're on Android, you'll also have direct access to our eBookstore.
- You can upload eBooks bought elsewhere to our website & then use our App to read them. No downloading every retailer's app to read your eBooks.
Go to Download
Your App Features
- In order to see all the titles from your 'My eBooks' account you will need an internet connection.
- To start reading a title just click on the jacket.
- This will download the eBook to your phone for local use. It should take a few seconds but will be longer with a poor internet connection.
- Once downloaded, the eBook will appear in your library and be available for reading even without an internet connection.
- Your default view is of book jackets on a virtual bookshelf; to see your books as a list with slightly more information per item, press the icon with 3 lines.
- To return to the bookshelf view, press the icon of squares.
- Magnifying Glass - Search within the library for any author or title using any relevant word. Return to the full list by using your back option/icon.
- To access the following features press your options or menu icon/button, which will vary by phone. Press the same icon to close the features view and carry on reading without these icons on display.
- Close - this will close the book you are reading and return you to the library.
- i - Book Info screen.
- The 'About' section covers:
Table of Contents (if made available by the publisher)
Bookmarks that you have created
A synopsis about the book (if made available by the publisher)
Publisher and format information.
- Android users only - The 'Similar Books' function will take you to the stores listing for books by the same author or publisher. Return to reading by clicking the 'Continue Reading' button.
- AA - Choose to adjust font size. Also accesses Night and Day mode. Day is black text on a white background and Night is the reverse.
- Magnifying Glass - Search within the book for any word or phrase. Results will show separately for Contents List and the main text. Each result can be selected to be taken to the relevant text location.
- Dotted box - Bookmark pages by clicking this icon. You have the option of adding your own notes within the Bookmark too. These will be synced on any device that you use our App on.
- <------> - Shows you your progress through the book. Press the circle to see the percentage read and drag the circle with your finger to move to a new point in the book and read from there.
- Never lose your place. Opens automatically at your last read page, even if you were reading it on other devices.
Getting Started with Apps after download
- Open the App.
- You will normally be prompted to login to your User Account or Go to 'Settings' at the bottom of the screen & choose User Account.
- Enter your User Login foyles.co.uk username (email address) and password. If you don't already have an account then press 'Create Account'.
- Then go to DRM Identification & enter the username & password for your Adobe ID.
Adding eBooks and documents to your library
Buying from Foyles:
- For Apple IOS - go to www.foyles.co.uk/ebooks. Log in using the same username and password you used on the Foyles-powered-by-txtr App. See our Buying Guide.
When all uploads and purchases are completed, simply open your App on any device. Your books will be waiting there for you to read.
- For Android - Enter the same store by selecting the trolley icon in the top right corner.
Find the book you want and once your purchase is completed your new eBook will appear in your library. Checkout requires entry of credit card details unless you have already saved these on our website already.
Uploading eBooks bought elsewhere:
This is done on our website but once loaded these are available in your App. Click here for full instructions.