Foyles places a great deal of importance in customer privacy.
Foyles is committed to protecting the privacy of those using our site and the confidentiality of the personal information which our customers provide us with. This policy covers the information we collect from you to process orders, provide services such as our loyalty scheme, and for marketing purposes. Foyles will never sell personal information or share personal information with third parties unless these are necessary in order to provide services to you or fulfil your order.
At FOYLES we use the information we collect to serve our customers in the following ways:
• Foyles stores personal information and information about your order and the use of our services. Foyles does not keep credit card details anywhere other than the secure-server.
• When creating a Foyles website account, which is necessary for placing orders, you can choose whether to keep information such as your name, email address, delivery and billing addresses, and payment details securely so you won't have to enter them each time you return to Foyles, or not keep any details but input them for every order.
• When an order is placed, the information needed to complete it is transferred securely from our website to our Mail Order system. We need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address and payment details. This information enables us to fulfil your order and keep you informed of the progress of your order. If you wish to have your details removed after completion of your order, please contact Foyles Customer Services (this link will open your email client).
• The uses for which we collect information include administering any accounts, processing and obtaining payment, preventing or detecting fraud, and running any prize draws or competition you may enter. In so doing we will provide your personal information to our employees and agents for such purposes.
• Your details may also be used to analyse your shopping preferences as part of our marketing programme. This might help us to automatically select and tailor products, services or special discounts we think you'll be interested to hear about.
• If you have selected to allow contact you on your Foyles Website Account preferences or other sign up methods, we may use these details and any updated contact details you give us, to contact you by mail, telephone, email, text message or otherwise, to let you know about these offers. We may also monitor or record our telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent service levels, to prevent or detect fraud, and for training and regulatory purposes.
• If you have signed up to the Foyles or Ray's Jazz mailing lists, Foyles will send you emails periodically pointing out promotions, event details, etc. If at anytime you wish to remove your details from the mailing list, simply click the unsubscribe link in any of our newsletters.
• After making your first purchase at Foyles website information, such as your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address and payment details, so you won't have to enter them each time you return to Foyles.
• In carrying out any of the activities specified in this section, in the event that we transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation.
Foyles is the trading name of W & G Foyle Ltd. References to Foyles and W & G Foyle include group companies. A list of group companies can be obtained from the Company Secretary, W & G Foyle Ltd, 113-119 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0EB. In the event that W & G Foyle or any relevant group company is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers' advisers and will be passed onto the new owners of the business for them and Group companies to use in the same ways.
Here is a list of the cookies we use, what they do and how long they last. Each time a cookie is used the expiration period starts again.
Remember me option for Account Login - this is an optional service that means you are automatically logged in when you return to our website. It does not record your password. This Cookie expires after 30 days.
View Basket Cookie - remembers what has been added to your basket even without you having logged in or started checkout. Allows you to leave & then return to the website without losing your basket information. This expires after 10 days.
Accessibility settings - If you choose to alter the accessibility settings which affect such things as font size a cookie remembers your options as each new page is opened and when you return to the website.This cookie expires after 1 year.
Right and left hand columns - our site has serveral panels which you can choose to have open or closed as your browse the site. A cookie remembers which are closed & open as you navigate the site or if you leave & return. This cookie expires after 1 year.
Tracking site usage - we use a cookie from Google Analytics to track all visits on the site which sees which pages are viewed, actions taken. Depending on your settings with Google some demographics data will be recorded but not your personal data. Read Google's information on this cookie.
We also use a cookie from Affiliate Window to track visits from our affiliate partners who get commissions for passing visitors to us, if those visitors purchase goods. This tracks only what pages are viewed including checkout and records no demographic data. The cookie lasts for 30 days.