Gift Cards, eGifts and National Book Tokens
Gift Cards, National Book Tokens and Other Vouchers
Here you’ll find Frequently Asked Questions and Terms and Conditions for our range of Gift Cards and eGifts, National Book Tokens and information on other gift cards, vouchers and tokens from selected service partners that we accept in our shops and online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Foyles Gift Cards and National Book Tokens online?
Yes, we happily accept Foyles Gift Cards and eGifts and National Book Token gift cards and digital cards for online payment, in addition to pre-paid gift cards provided by VISA and MasterCard, for example. Please note that Foyles Gift Cards/eGifts cannot be purchased using the balance of a Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card.
How do I spend a Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card or eGift?
How to Pay:
- Select your items and proceed to the checkout as usual.
- On the 'Payment' page, enter the Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card/eGift number.
- Enter the security code or PIN that is hidden beneath the scratch-off strip (or provided with your eGift), then select 'Add Gift Card'.
- The available balance will be displayed.
- Choose how much of the balance to use and select 'Apply Gift Cards'. You will then see the order total change to reflect the redemption.
- If you have no further balance to pay, select 'Place Order', otherwise scroll down to select another payment method.
We will take payment from Foyles and National Book Token Gift Cards and eGifts at the point an order is placed. If there is any remaining balance to pay, this will be taken from your other chosen payment method when your order is ready for dispatch. Please note that Foyles Gift Cards and eGifts cannot be purchased using the balance of a Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card or eGift.
How can I top-up my Foyles Gift Card?
You can top up your Foyles Gift Card at any Foyles bookshop. Just present your Foyles Gift Card to a bookseller and purchase the amount you would like added to your Gift Card. You cannot however top up Foyles Gift Cards online at foyles.co.uk.
How can I check my Foyles Gift Card or eGift balance?
You can check the balance of your Foyles Gift Card or eGift in three ways:
- On the Gift Card page, accessed from your Account Dashboard on foyles.co.uk.
- If you make a purchase with, or top-up the value of, your Foyles Gift Card/eGift in one of our bookshops, the new balance will be printed on your till receipt.
- Present your Foyles Gift Card/eGift to a bookseller at the till and they will be able to confirm its balance.
My order confirmation email shows the full price. Have you not taken my Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card payment?
The total shown on your order confirmation email and on your dispatch note is the total value of products purchased before any Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card values (or Foyalty balance) have been deducted. If you use a Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card for full or part payment on an order, this will be highlighted in the payment summary and the value will be deducted from your final payment.
Do I earn Foyalty Stamps if I purchase Foyles Gift Cards?
No - Gift Card and eGift purchases are exempt from earning Foyalty Stamps. Please see our Foyalty Card Terms & Conditions for further details.
Can I use a Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card and another payment method on the same order?
Yes - if you wish to use your Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card to pay for part for an order, enter the Gift Card number and security code/PIN at the checkout, decide the balance to use, and select 'Apply Gift Cards', then select another payment method for the remaining total.
I want to cancel an order paid with a Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card or eGift. How will I be refunded?
Any Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card or eGift refunds you receive will be transferred to the Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card or eGift you used for the order. If you have a foyles.co.uk account, your Gift Card will be stored and the balance will be ready to use in the checkout when you next place an order. If you do not have a foyles.co.uk account and no longer possess the Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card, please contact our Customer Support Team. Or, if you know your National Book Token Gift Card number, please contact National Book Tokens, via https://www.nationalbooktokens.com/contact, or by contacting their Consumer Helpline: 0845 6041698.
I have purchased a Foyles eGift for someone else, but they have not received it. Can you help?
Sometimes, eGifts do not reach their intended recipient as they may be seen as undesirable emails by that recipient’s email provider. If you have arranged an eGift to be delivered and it has not been received, please ask the recipient to check their spam or junk folders, as the email carrying their eGift may be found there. If you have a Foyles account, you can check and update the details relating to your eGift order on your Orders page. Alternatively, please contact our Customer Support Team for further assistance.
I you want to return Foyles or National Book Token Gift Card. Is this possible?
Foyles or National Book Token Gift Cards which have been purchased in-store cannot be returned and are not refundable. Foyles Gift Cards which have been purchased online may be returned and a refund will be given, provided:
- The Gift Card is unused and undamaged
- Proof of purchase is provided
- You notify us within 14 days of receiving the Gift Card that you wish to cancel your purchase
- You return the Gift Card to us within 14 days of giving such notice
Foyles eGifts become non-refundable once they have been electronically delivered to the intended recipient.
Can I use paper vouchers on foyles.co.uk?
No - we cannot accept paper vouchers as payment online on foyles.co.uk. National Book Token paper vouchers are still accepted in our shops.
National Book Tokens
We accept National Book Token gift cards,both physical and digital, on our website as well as in our shops. We cannot accept paper National Book Token online, these are still redeemable in shops though.
How can I check the balance of my National Book Token Gift Card or eGift?
You can check the balance of your National Book Token Gift Card or eGift in four ways:
- Visit https://nbtbooksellers.co.uk/EGC/BalanceEnquiry.aspx
- When shopping in our bookshops, making a purchase with your National Book Token will generate the Card's balance on your paper receipt.
- Present your National Book Token to a bookseller and they will be able to confirm the card's balance verbally at the till.
- Add the National Book Token at checkout, to see the current balance.
What can I do if I have a problem with my National Book Token Gift Card or eGift?
If you are experiencing a problem with your National Book Token, you will need to contact National Book Tokens for assistance. You can check your National Book Token's balance here You can check if your National Book Token has expired, here For all other problems, please visit here or contact their Consumer Helpline: 0845 6041698.
Foyles Gift Card Terms & Conditions
- Validly activated gift cards and eGifts issued by Foyles UK ("Sterling Gift Cards") can be used as full or part payment for goods in Foyles shops across the UK and for purchases made online at foyles.co.uk.
- For online purchases please follow the redemption procedure accordingly (see above).
- No change or refunds will be given where the sales transaction is for an amount less than the balance on the gift card but the balance may be applied to future purchases.
- Gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers, eGifts, additional gift cards or book tokens nor can a gift card (and any gift card balance) be exchanged for cash.
- Foyles reserves the right to refuse to accept any gift card payment where it deems that a gift card or eGift has been tampered with, duplicated or where it is otherwise suspected to be affected by fraud.
- A gift card or eGift is for personal use only and it may not be used for commercial purposes (including but not limited to resale) without Foyles prior written consent.
- Gift cards and eGifts are exempt from Foyles Standard Returns Policy.
- The minimum amount required to activate or top-up a gift card is £1 for Sterling Gift Cards and the maximum gift card limit is £500 for Sterling Gift Cards.
- A gift card is not a cheque guarantee, debit or credit card.
- If a Sterling Gift Card is not used for a period of 2 years from the date or purchase (or date of last card transaction, if later), it will automatically expire and any remaining balance will be deducted.
- If a Euro Gift Card is not used for a period of 5 years from date of purchase (or date of last card transaction, if later), it will automatically expire and any remaining balance will be deducted.
- Please protect your gift card and treat it as cash. Foyles cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged gift cards or any credit amounts on such gift cards. Foyles reserves the right to issue another gift card for the unspent balance of an original gift card at its discretion on production of your original receipt, but Foyles is not responsible for funds used without your knowledge.
- Foyles reserves the right to add to or waive these terms and conditions on reasonable notice for legal, security or regulatory reasons or to discontinue the gift card scheme at any time in the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Customers will be notified in advance via in-store displays in the event of any such change.
- Gift cards may be used for payment of goods of a higher price than the current gift card balance, on payment of the difference. Over payments, where goods are subsequently exchanged for goods of a lower price, will be added to the balance of the gift card (see above for online procedure).
- Additional terms and conditions apply for online gift card use - please see above.
National Book Token Gift Card Terms & Conditions
Please visit here